Michigan Elder Law Attorneys
Eldercare & Elder Law Attorney Michigan
The cost of elder long-term care can be perceived as the threatening of financial security that a person or couple has worked hard to obtain. The fear of outliving one’s own means is a reality for millions of people. Elder estate planning can make all the difference for you and your loved ones. Individualized and strategic estate planning is required to optimize the remaining assets of the client(s). As Michigan eldercare and Michigan elder law practitioners, our goals are:
- To provide direction for the long-term care needs of the individual or spouses.
- To preserve assets for the benefit of the at-home or well spouse or any dependents.
- To ease the fear of impoverishment.
- To tap all existing sources of assistance to meet the cost of long-term care. (e.g. Medicaid, Veteran benefits).
- To help you evaluate the benefits and limitations of the public health care system. (Medicaid)
- To advise you of the impact of any plan on the client, family, the estate and heirs.
Assisting Michigan Families with Elder Crisis Management
When a catastrophic medical incident occurs, there are only two ways to become eligible under the Medicaid rules and regulations. The Government’s way; or our way. Our team can assist you in understanding the current rules so that you will not be forced to unnecessarily spend down in a manner that is not consistent with your overall legacy plans. If you wait until a crisis hits, or you are admitted to a nursing home, our lawyers can still protect some of your assets; however, if you start planning earlier, you can legally protect far more.
Our office offers free seminars to explain long term care, and asset preservation planning so we can speak before your civic group on this subject. Please call our offices for upcoming seminar date availability or use the contact tab to inquire online.
Eldercare and Accredited Veterans Attorney
We can assist you in all of your long-term care planning needs:
- Asset protection and management
- Elderly crisis management
- Elder abuse: physical, mental, emotional and financial exploitation
- Estate administration and disputes (will contests)
- Estate planning: will and trust attorneys
- Long-term care planning
- Planning for Medicaid
- Powers of Attorney
- Designation of patient advocate
- Revocable and irrevocable living trusts
- Maximization of income and assets
- Make an application for governmental benefits
- Veterans' benefits
- Understand what to do after a loved one passes away
Successfully planning for the long-term care of either yourself, spouse, or an aging parent brings with it a sense of relief and liberation from the uncertainty of what may happen in the years ahead. At the Woods Law Offices, our extensive experience and thorough working knowledge of all aspects of long-term care planning allow us to help you make the arrangements that best fit your circumstances and give you peace of mind for the future. Please call (586) 532-8970 today to schedule a consultation or click here for more contact information. Please indicate your status as a UAW or FOP member.
Michigan Medicaid Eligibility, Michigan Asset Preservation, Veterans Benefits, and More
Navigating the maze of government benefit programs such as Medicaid and Veterans’ benefits is our main practice area. Don’t attempt it by yourself when we can guide you with the expertise and knowledge of the laws --which can and do change with frequency. Call today for your consultation on all aspects of Michigan elder law and veteran law.
We are the Woods Law Office and specialize in all types of elder law in Michigan and eldercare as well as dealing with veteran benefits. Contact our office in Shelby Township within Macomb County, Michigan, to learn more about our Michigan elder law attorneys.
Woods Elder Law - Elder Law Attorney - Shelby Township, Macomb County, Michigan